Mittwoch, 12. April 2017

My brand new toy

Recently I got a nice little present from my husband. Not all women are over the moon because of some kitchen gadgets, gender issues and all, but I was excited. It is just perfect: Whooooaaaa Taiyaki maker!!! Non-stick, electronic device, 2 molds in the bottom part, 2 in the upper part.



I had to put it on good use. Yesterday evening I prepared red bean paste and some creme pattisiere. Today I made the batter from scratch:

  1. 80 g strong flour
  2. 20 g corn starch
  3. 1 small pinch salt
  4. 1 tsp. baking powder
  5. 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  6. 1 tblsp. sugar
  7. 1 egg yolk and half of the egg white
  8. 125 ml skimmed milk


Sift the first six dry ingredients into a bowl, add sugar, stir milk and egg and add too. Mix well.
Let batter rest for half an hour. This will make 6 Taiyaki.

Prepare the tools: Tablespoon, teaspoon, bowl with a little cooking oil and a brush, bowl with red bean paste and creme patisserie, spatula.



Heat up the taiyaki maker. Brush the molds with some cooking oil. Spoon one tablespoon batter into each mold.

Add one heaped teaspoon filling (bean paste or creme) on top in the middle.



Top with another tablespoon of batter. Close the lid (contains the upper molds).
Wait until the light on top of the taiyaki maker turns green.
Open the maker and remove the taiyaki with a spatula.


Some batter has spread around the nice fish shaped waffles, but the batter is well baked, paper thin and easy to remove.



Done, pretty and tasty. I liked the ones with the red bean paste more than the cream filled. Next time I will put some Nutella or creme de marron or maybe sweet potato paste, or pumpkin..

Keine Kommentare: