Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014

Halloween

Prepared some pumpkins and sweets for the children.
Scary enough I hope. I carved the bigger one with my set of kitchen knives and spend some time on carving the teeth. I even put a little bit red food colour over the edges so it looks quite bloody.. Note the big one is eating a very small one...
The smaller and slender butternut pumpkin was quite a challenge. I digged a hole at the top side using a carving spoon and scraped of all inner flesh with a big chef knife turning the blade round and round. For the tongues I used some red bell pepper.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I didn't know Halloween was popular even in Germany. My family does not celerate it, but I can't speak for other Japanese, especially the young.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

It is getting more and more popular. But the children are in a pinch. Traditionally on november the 10th or 11th there is another chance for nothern german children to gather sweets - it is called matten matten maehren and known since medieval times. Children stroll from house to house and have to sing the beggars song: matten matten maehren to collect sweets - without costumes and pumpkins. Costumes are way more fun. So the kids decide to go for halloween or matten maehren or even both (greedy ain't they). As for me, I bought enough sweets to give on both days.