Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2014

Cold noodles

Nothing special just a bunch of cold chinese noodles:


I added some toppings and simmered a sauce:


Now the noodles were transformed into this (my small plate):

After reading No recipes post about Goma Hiyashi Chuka, I decided to make my very own version. As always I can never stick to a recipe...
As you can see, I sliced a bunch of vegetables: carrot, red pepper, spring onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, radishes and sprinkled a little salt to make them softer. I pickled some red radishes in salt-sugar brine the day before.
I also made some egg-roll and fish fingers: salmon cut into finger shaped strips, dipped into starch,  into beaten egg (slightly salted) and panko flakes and deep-fried until golden brown and crunchy.
For the sauce I roasted 3 tablespoons sesame seeds until they started to make popping noices and ground the hot seeds to a stiff powder. I boiled up 2 tablespoons sake, 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon yuzu peel scented sugar (sugar where I put some yuzu zestes in some time before), 1 tablespoon mild rice vinegar, 5 tablespoons dashi and stirred in the powdered seeds and stopped the heating.

I took plenty of vegetables, a little egg-roll and 1 fish finger, husband some vegetables (no cucumber...) and lots of fish fingers and all of the egg..

1 Kommentar:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Yes, yes, we must think outside the box whenever we make something (laugh)!