Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014

Sushi - sort of

Recently I discovered a new hobby. How about that:



Yep fat tuna..maybe



Just one bite or better not. I made this little piece of sushi with some colored wool and a special felting needle. Needle felting is a crafts art where you can build all kinds of three-dimensional objects. I just watched some tutorials on youtube and bought some wool and some needles. Did not think it would be that easy but what a surprise, it is easy as long as you don't poke the needle into a finger. This was my third attempt. I already made a cat and Totoro... For the sushi I prepared an oval shaped ball and felted small balls for the rice. For the tuna I felted a rectangle sheet of red wool and mixed with some strings of white wool. Nori is made from black-brownish wool. Therefor I felted a long rectangle strip and felted it all together with a thin needle until it became firm.



What is is it good for you may ask. It is just a little decoration for my hand bag. Here we are:


Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Yes, looks tasty! Why not make other sushi items, with toppings such as salmon roe, shrimp, and squid?!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

I am thinking about making some cat toys filled with catnip for a japanese friend. The cats will hopefully appreciate some more sushi varieties (laugh).

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

I am thinking about making some cat toys filled with catnip for a japanese friend. The cats will hopefully appreciate some more sushi varieties (laugh).