Freitag, 3. Januar 2014

Early spring

It is incredible, right now usually we are in the middle of the deepest winter with cold wind from the east, but there is spring outside.
Even the strawberries started to blossom and I went into the garden to cut the first flowers. Just enough to put a little spring into the house after removing christmas decorations.
I don't like snow and ice so this winter is best. There is only one thing, maybe I have to mow the lown if this weather goes and on. But I prefer mowing grass to shuffling snow.
My little flower arrangement contains one mahonia blossom, japanese quince twigs with flower buds and some bamboo. I just sticked it together into some moss.



Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Beautiful flower arrangement!

Have you ever learned ikebana 生け花? If so, for how long?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

No I have not. I don't know the Ikebana styles and their rules in all details - it is just a little playing around with some basics.