Montag, 11. November 2013

Day #7 in Tokyo

Time flies.  Today I went to see the Meiji Shrine and Harajuku. Again it is quite easy to reach all points of interests having a hotel near the Ginza line. I just jumped into the subway train to Shibuya and left at Otomisando, switched to another train and after 1 station I reached Meijigomae.
The Shrine is suited in a big park surrounded by huge trees and there is the garden of the empress which can be visited for a minor entrance fee. All in all the park is really wonderful. I walked down the round way between the trees and along meadows until I reached the garden.
Here are some impressions walking along to the shrine:

Entrance gate


The famous Sake barrels / offerings

Wine barrels / maybe the Meiji emperor likes the western drinks better..

Chrysanthemums especially for Hiroyuki:



It was a big exhibition running all along the way to the gate

Shinto Wedding ceremony at the shrine - all tourist were really happy. Sadly I did not switch to video recording. 
There were lots of small kids for their 3-5-7 Birthday ceremony too. They were dolled up in lovely robes. So nice to watch.



I took a lot of pictures of the park and garden, too many to be put into the blog. The pond at the garden was full of fish. Koi and karps were huge beasts, craving for cookies, feed me, feed me...They gathered really quickly. 





Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I like Meiji Jingu (Shrine)! You went to Meiji Jingu but skipped Yoyogi Koen (Park)?

Thanks for uploading photos of mums especially for me!

The last photo shows some old puffballs?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

The mushroom is named Geastrum saccatum. Only the middle reminds on a puffball. I walked the Shrine and the park - all of it.