Samstag, 23. November 2013

Crunchy sesame cookies

I bought some very small new cookie cutters in Tokyo at the Kappabashi dori, could not resist because there was a sakura shaped one included.

 


Now I had to bake some cookies. I decided on not too sweet sesame cookies. They are really tiny just a little bit bigger than a thumb nail:
Sesame cookies

For 2 baking sheets it took:

100 g butter (cold and firm)
160 g flour
70 g sugar (brown sugar)
1 small egg yolk
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sesame paste
3 tablespoon black and white sesame seeds (toasted)

Mix salt, sugar and flour, cut butter into small cubes and rub the cold butter into the flour. Add seeds, egg yolk and sesame paste and quickly knead into a dough. Form a ball, wrap in clingfilm and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour. Roll half of the dough into a thin layer ( between clingfilm) and cut out the cookies. The dough has to be cold or it is too soft to deal with, store in fridge again whenever it feels to soft. Prepare the next batch.
Bake at 180 degree C about 12 minutes.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Sesame paste and black and white sesame seeds? That sounds delicious!

Thumb nail size? I could have tens of them in one sitting!

I hope you show some other kitchen items that you bought in Japan, especially the nakiri.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Showed the knife in the new post (laugh). In fact I bought a knife, the microwave lid and the cookie cutters.
I bought more food: yuzu lemons and fresh ginger, senbei (tons), spices, dried persimmons, some wagashi sweets / different kinds of mochis. My suitcase was stuffed, nearly bursting, because I bought a hooded jacket with teddy lining for my husband too. He likes to wear those around the house and the colour was so nice.