Donnerstag, 1. August 2013

Heatwave

We are facing a heat wave at the moment. I don't remember any summer as hot as this since the soccer world cup in 2006. In 2006 I had to suffer in an office near a public soccer viewing arena and I remember well how I was glued to my chair, drenched in sweat and reminding on some kind of Zombie. Now it is just the same but not as noisy...
I did not cook much interesting dishes these days. Today it was just cold soba as Sissi showed in with a glass (I used broad Thai rice noodles instead) some deep fried tofu bags stuffed with sushi rice, pickled mixed vegetables and breaded cutlets for my boys. The son came a few days ago and will stay until september so I have a reason to cook (he still likes to eat tons as in his teenager days) anyhow I don't want to cook something during the heat, but I did, I did.... I for myself just don't want to have anything else than salad and water melons. So no really interesting posts or recipes for now.
I am scared of my office. Tomorrow there will be 35 degree Celsius outside - inside much more... The only good thing is there are lots of summer squashs to be harvested and the peach tree is doing his best since ages. And the cherry tomatoes. Lots of cherry tomatoes in my garden.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Now that your son is back, you must be very happy!

Here in Niigata in Japan, the rainy season is not quite over yet, and we have just a lot of rain...

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, we have very hot days here too... I went yesterday to Freiburg (once more! I'm becoming a regular and now I have discovered a fabulous restaurant... every time a new surprise! I am really charmed by this city) and it was so hot even white beer wasn't soothing enough ;-)
Thank you so much for the kind link and mention. I hope your cold noodles made the heat a bit more bearable...
I suffer less in the office: we have airconditioning (at home not, of course).

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Hiroyuki: Here we are used to rainy and rather cold summers, we are not made for tropical heat. Rained a bit today due to some thunderstorm but afterwards it was hot and humid again.

Sissy: no AirCon. At home it is ok due to isolation. Inside 25 degrees Celsius but outside... The office is hot as hell up to 34-39 degrees Celsius in the afternoon.