Dienstag, 2. Juli 2013

Golden Curry

Just out of curiosity I bought japanese Curry cubes, product name Golden Curry. Sadly there was only mild Curry available.

I cut :
  • 1 sweet potato, peeled
  • 1 big red pointed sweet bellpepper, deseeded
  • 1 bigger egg plant 

into chunks
and peeled
  •  6 french shalotts, the variety which contains two bulbs in one peel 
and minced
  • 1 garlic glove .
In a little sunflower oil I fried the vegetables until the onions were slightly browned, added the garlic, tossed and deglaced with 2 big cups water.
2 cubes curry paste (product contained 4 for 1.4 l water) went into the pot and I stirred until the cubes were desolved, covered with a lid and let simmer over small heat until the sweet potato chunks were soft.I stirred once in a while (all in all I simmered maybe 10 minutes). I tried the taste: ok, very mild Garam masal taste and what I call typical fatty vegetable broth cube taste and so I adjusted the seasoning:
  • salt
  • 1 tablespoon hot javanese yellow curry powder, 
  • a few rounds red hot chili flakes
  • 1 small knob ginger grated.
After seasoning it was really nice and more to my liking.
In a pan I roasted 2 lamb tenderloins (150 g meat), cut into small cubes in little oil, until browned but not done and added the meat to the still hot curry.
Served with rice.
Husband liked it very much.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Golden Curry! I haven't had it for decades! Yes, it's a bit pricer than other brands, and it's tastier.
But I'm not sure if we talk about the same brand, because I did a quick Google search, and I found that there is a vegetarian type of Golden Curry for export purposes.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

It was the vegetarian type. I think it is the same brand but with different products.