Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013

Strawberry yoghurt Eaton mess style

Looks like a mess and it is a mess: Eaton mess styled strawberry yoghurt. Today I had to do something with the strawberries. Strawberries have a really short shelf-life, best to be eaten right after picking. So I made a dessert.
Eaton mess is really delicious, heavenly and it has to be made from meringues, strawberries and lots of whipped cream. But I cannot stomach whipped cream. Everytime I try it turns out into a very painful experience and I have to stay near a toilet for a long time, so I am better off with yoghurt. And a little cream is not that harmful but a little cream will not do concerning this:

strawberry yoghurt

 For the healthier and leaner mess you need:
  • 500 g strawberries
  • 150 ml plain thick yoghurt
  • 1-2 tablespoons sugar (depends on the sweetness of the fruits)
  • 4 meringues (small dry ones as shown in the picture)

Trimm and cut strawberries: Larger fruits into quarters or thick slices, small berries just into halves.
Stir with sugar. Let sit for a few minutes. Puree 1/4 of the sugary strawberries with a blender.
Break meringues into smaller pieces but not too small.
Toss lightly (not too much) strawberries, strawberry puree, meringue crumbles with yoghurt and dig in.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Thank you for introducing another interesting dish (dessert). (I first thought it was something you created yourself. I did a quick Google image search for Eaton mess, and found some were not as messy as others.)

I like your idea of using yogurt in place of cream because I'm still on a diet.

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, you are the first person I know who, like me, cannot stand whipped cream! I also have nausea after hardly a couple of tablespoons... No one wants to believe me I really cannot eat it and people think I'm being fussy...
I must say that one day I whipped 25% fat cream and it was edible (I have combined it with chocolate to make a quick, fake chocolate mousse), so I guess it's the fat content maybe combined with the airy texture... Though I never have problems with foie gras ;-)
I have never made Eaton mess for two reasons: meringue and whipped cream, but your yogurt version looks so good, I might try replacing meringue and prepare Eaton mess I would enjoy.