Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013

Potato-Salmon-Croquettes

Today I made some Potato-Croquettes which are really easy to prepare and some side dishs (runner beans, carrot-artichoke stew, salad) and rice.
I was a little bit in a hurry so I made a good use of my microwave. All in all it took 30 minutes.


Croquettes
For the croquettes:
6 small potatoes (boiled until well done, peeled and mashed)
120 g salmon (no bones and no skin)
1 egg
1 teaspoon potato starch
1 small and young spring onion , trimmed, chopped finely
1 tablespoon sake
1 teaspoon soy sauce
salt
Panko flakes
oil 
mayonnaise to your liking

I steamed the salmon spiced with sake and soy sauce in the microwave (900 W, 1.5 - 2 min) just until it could be flaked easily, parts can be left undercooked too.
I mixed (by hand only) the fish, egg, spring onion, a good pinch salt, starch and  potato mash (still warm) and formed 6 round croquettes. They were quite soft and sticky.  I tossed each in panko flakes and fried them in a good amount of oil (they were nearly covered with oil). After one side was golden I flipped them over and fried until the other side was done too.
To be eaten as they are or with little mayonnaise  which I spiced up with mustard and sugar.

Runner bean side dish
This is very easy. With an electric mill it is done in a blink.
1 handful runner beans, stem arts removed - if there are strings remove them too
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon sugar
salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 pinch dashi stock

Runner beans with sesame
I cut the runner beans into 4 parts each and steamed the beans with a little water a pinch instant dashi stock powder and very little salt in the microwave (900 W 2 minutes). Meanwhile I toasted the sesame seeds in a pan until fragrant and ground them with a good pinch brown sugar in my electric spice mill.
In a bowl I mixed the ground sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. I added the drained beans and tossed.

Next one was a mixed salad. I bought some different salad leaves today at the organic farmers market. The farmer grows lots of lettuce varieties and it was fun to select the chosen ones.

For the asian leaf salad:
2 good handful mixed salad leaves / lettuce (green mizuna, chinese purple mustard, purple mizuna, green rucola, read oak leave salad), washed drained, trimmed
a few drops roasted dark sesame oil
1 pinch sugar
1 tablespoon soysauce
a few squeezes lemon juice
a little bit freshly ground ginger root


I cut the salad leaves into thick stripes or parts, mixed the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and tossed the leaves to coat.


And I made Carrot-Artichoke-Stew
I bought artichokes in a bargain sale. At the moment a huge space of my fridge is occupied  by big artichokes. Now I can enjoy one of my favorite vegetables very often during the next days. Most of the time I cook one trimmed artichoke (as it is) in salted water with lemon juice. Afterwards I just plug the leaves and dip the thick ends in vinaigrette and enjoy but I like to make stews or tarts too.

For this stew you need:
2 big artichokes, hard leaves cut off down to the thicker end, inner core (itchy, wooly part) srcaped out, outer side of the bottom peeled and stems removed, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon mild vinegar
pinch dashi stock powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons mirin
1 teaspoon sugar
a few drops sesame oil (dark roasted)
1 pinch chili flakes

(Freshly cut parts of artichokes should be rubbed with lemon juice in an instant to prevent oxidation therefore I used the lemon)
1 boiled the sliced artichokes in 300 ml water with a little vinegar and added the carrots 2 minutes later. I simmered until the vegetables were done. I removed 2/3 of the water, added a little dashi stock, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sesame oil and a inch chili flakes.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

You are a great cook, making all these dishes in 30 minutes! Time is an important factor in home cooking!

I often see soy sauce used in your cooking, even in your croquettes and and stew. You must be an exceptional cook in Germany!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Yes, time - I am working fulltime (40 hours/week + some hours in overtime) and I have to commute 50 min to and back each day, so enough time is something I don't have. Dinner has to be ready in less than 35 minutes. It is a question of how to start. If you keep all the preparation in a good and logical order it is really quickly done: First boil potatoes and fix rice, peel vegetables.. and so on.