Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013

Crushed Tofu with greens

This is a quick one, really.
tofu with greens


  • 1 handful mustard leave greens (I have lots..)
  • 1 bak choy 
  • 2 small spring onions, trimmed but with a good green part left on
  • 1 small piece ginger minced
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
  • 1 portion enoki mushrooms (they sell them in this tiny parcels)
  • 200 g tofu
  • 1 portion cress sprouts
  • 1 pinch dashi stock powder
  • 1+ teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon mirin

1 cut the  the mustard greens and bak choy leaves into 3 pieces, the spring onions into slices, the bak choy ends into slender slices and halfed the enokis. I added this to a hot non-stick pan and the stirred until the liquids came out. I added dashi stock, ginger, soy sauce, mirin and tossed a little. Cooking is done in a minute or so. Finally I mashed the squeezed tofu into fine crumbles and tossed with the vegetables together with  cress sprouts and sesame seeds. I adjusted the seasoning with soy sauce.






Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

It sounds delicious and very Japanese. I have just bought a package of smoked tofu and keep on snacking on it... it's sooo good.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

To smoke home made tofu - this is something I would like to do someday. Must look for some instructions.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Yes, very Japanese. So, I wonder what you had your tofu dish with. Plain rice, maybe?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Yes, I had some rice aside. But I would like to eat it as filling for a crepe (thin pancake).