Freitag, 5. April 2013

Sardine Snack

Returned home from another journey: I was really hungry but I did not want to cook something, so some snack will do. Bread with a nice spread:
Bread topped with sardine spread and cucumbers

I used:
1 can (100 g) sardines in oil, crushed the drained sardines with a fork
1 tablespoon hot coarse mustard
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch pepper (freshly ground)
a few drops Worcester sauce
1 tablespoon creme legere (fat reduced creme fraiche)

Just stir together

1/2 red onion, diced into very small cubes
1 pinch sugar
1 teaspoon mild vinegar
1 smaller pickled cucumber (pickled in salt brine fermented with lact. bacilli), diced into small cubes

Just stir together and mix with the first mixture.

Put some of the spread on a slice of healthy whole grain bread.
Sprinkle 1 pinch sweet Paprika (mild chili powder) for garnish - nice with some more pickled cucumbers aside. 
Stored the leftover spread (2/3) in the fridge for tomorrow.  (update - there is nothing left, husband finished it)

Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

I always have a can of sardines at home and love it! I usually mix it with mayonnaise or it on its own. Light cream sounds like an excellent idea.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Oily sardines and mayonnaise are a little over the top so I switched to light cream.

Sissi hat gesagt…

I always drain and dry sardines thoroughly... I prefer mayonnaise than the sardine oil.