Montag, 1. April 2013

Little apple-celery salad with leftover easter egg

As usual I cooked some hard boiled eggs for easter and decorated them - or not. The eggs for easter breakfast I simply put into felt-egg-warmers which my cats adored a little bit too much.


Doesn't it look ridiculous - I love it.

I put the hard boiled eggs into easter baskests together with the chocolate eggs and hares for the traditional easter decoration. The hare stands for fertility and virgin mary and eggs are a symbl of rebirth and the empty tomb of jesus but this is just a nice season tradition to me.

one of the baskets

 So what to do with the hard boiled eggs afterwards?

One I dumped into a small salad we had together with some leftover roast beef.
Easy:
1 sour aromatic apple, sliced (wedges cut into slices)
1 heart of celery (5 young and slim stalks and leaves) cut into slices
1 hard boiled egg, peeled and diced
1 teaspon lemon juice
3 tablespoons yoghurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
salt
pepper
some salad herbs (chives, parsley) chopped
Just mix, Very refreshing.


Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

The egg warmer looks cute and frankly I have never even heard of an egg warmer, so it's a big discovery!
The salad sounds delicious too: everything I love in one salad and with mayonnaise...

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

No egg warmers? I bought them for very little money :-)