Donnerstag, 4. April 2013

Hidden little restaurant

Today I was in a fulltrottle work mode again and as always on a little journey. This time I had to hold a lecture in Oldenburg, a very lovely city in northern Germany: not too big, not too small, nice old buildings, a good place to spent a day (or more).
For lunch I stayed in a small italian restaurant, hidden in a narrow pedestrian road. See this small house in the center, Restaurant is named Chianti classico - a very stupid name but who cares...:

It is built with wooden framework, really old, a classic. I think most of the tourists visiting Germany and looking for this kind of buildings will be delighted - a jewel.


With wooden ceiling and wooden beams, mudwalls, colourful painted glass windows.

The restaurant offers Pizzas, pasta and such. We had a Lasagna al forno - not excellent but ok and not expensive at all. It was the flair and interior which made my day.
First flour is kitchen area and second guest rooms, stairway to the guestrooms:




Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I could fall in love with such an old wooden house!

I wish that the restaurant in such an excellent house served excellent dishes...

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Yes the food was rather plain, not bad at all, but I had much better Lasagna before.