Sonntag, 24. März 2013

Flounders stuffed with bacon and shrimps, artichokes

Today I made small flounders stuffed with bacon and shrimps.


Flounder with shrimps, artichokes in cream sauce
 First I seasoned 6 flounders (filets) with salt, pepper and lemon juice. I shelled raw black tiger prawns  and put them aside.
I heated up a pan and roasted 3 tablespoons small bacon dices until brown and crunchy and set them aside. In the bacon fat left in the pan I toasted the shrimp shells and 1 diced onion until the shells became pink and fragrant. I added 100 ml white wine and let the alcohol reduce to mere nothingness,  added 250 ml water and let this reduce to a half. I strained this through a fine mashed strainer and kept the broth
returned the broth to the pan and added 120 ml cream, 1 teaspoon tomato paste, 1 teaspoon dried herbs de Provence, chiliflakes, salt, pepper. I heated it up and let simmer for a minute.
I divided the shrimps and bacon cubes to the fish and rolled each flounder into a roll containing 3 shrimps and a little bacon.
I placed the rolls into a casserole, covered the fish with the sauce from the pan and additional 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped. Around the fish I placed 1 small red bellpepper cut into strips, 1 celery stalk cut into thin slices and small artichokes (cannend). Sprinkled a little more salt and pepper and let this bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 C.
For serving I just squeezed a little lemon juice all over and a little bit more black pepper.
The sauce is quite runny, for a more thicker sauce one should add a little starch before baking, but I like it more runny.

Ingredients:
6 small flounders
18 prawns, raw, shell on
3 tablepsoons bacon dices, small dices
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 onion
1 celery stalk
1 red bellpepper
1 can artichokes, drained, 10 small artichokes
100 ml wite wine
250 ml water
125 ml cream
1 teaspoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon dried herbs (l'herbes de provence)
salt
pepper
chiliflakes
more lemon juice to taste
1 serving

Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

One more fancy fish recipe! It looks delicious, especially with my beloved canned artichokes (I like very few canned vegetables, but artichokes are one of them). I have never thought of putting shrimp into fish and yet I have shrimp all the time in my freezer.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Sissi: I tastes even better using the small brown northern sea shrimps but this is good too. Cannot wait until fresh small artichokes are available, this spring sucks...