|Bibimbap - 1 serving|
Different vegetables blanched or simmered in broth (dashi) or stir-fried with sesame oil, fried ground beef seasoned with soy sauce, mirin, additional mushrooms.
For my todays one pot dish I pepared:
- 2 handful arugula (some kind of mustard leaves) just heated up in dashi until it wilted / fell down, scooped out with a slotted spoon and seasoned with salt and sesame seeds
- 4 small carrots, cut in sticks, simmered in dashi until a little softer,scooped out with a slotted spoon, seasoned with a little freshly pressed ginger juice and dark sesame oil
- 1 small Zucchini (summer squash) cut into sticks blanched in dashi, scooped out with a slotted spoon, seasoned with soy sauce.
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, fried with one red onion cut into wedges and seasoned with sake, soy sauce and black pepper.
- 250 ground beef, roasted in dark sesame oil and crumbled, seasoned with mirin and soy sauce and stir-fried until nicely browned and dry. I added the small amount of dashi left from boiling the vegetables to make it a little more moist.
Besides: Arugula or salad rocket, I like it in salads, topped (uncooked) upon pizza with italian bacon, tossed (uncooked) in hot Spaghetti carbonara or pureed (uncooked) with walnuts, olive oil, garlic and anchovis as in pesto, but never used it as some kind of spinach or chrysanthemum leaf subsitute before. I did it on a whim but I highly recommend it. It is so tasty, really just a few seconds in boiling dashi and it keeps its flavor perfectly! I am going to grow lots of arugula this year in my garden - as always.