Sonntag, 10. März 2013

Bibimbap with mushrooms

Today I prepared Bibimbap - a one pot dish - or rather it looks like a one pot dish. I made it before, but this time I used different ingredients, which is very common.

Bibimbap - 1 serving
Just put in, what is in storage:
Different vegetables blanched or simmered in broth (dashi) or stir-fried with sesame oil, fried ground beef seasoned with soy sauce, mirin, additional mushrooms.
For my todays one pot dish I pepared:
  • 2 handful arugula (some kind of mustard leaves) just heated up in dashi until it wilted / fell down, scooped out with a slotted spoon and seasoned with salt and sesame seeds
  • 4 small carrots, cut in sticks, simmered in dashi until a little softer,scooped out with a slotted spoon, seasoned with a little freshly pressed ginger juice and dark sesame oil
  • 1 small Zucchini (summer squash) cut into sticks blanched in dashi, scooped out with a slotted spoon, seasoned with soy sauce.
  • 250 g mixed mushrooms, fried with one red onion cut into wedges and seasoned with sake, soy sauce and black pepper.
  • 250 ground beef, roasted in dark sesame oil and crumbled, seasoned with mirin and soy sauce and stir-fried until nicely browned and dry. I added the small amount of dashi left from boiling the vegetables to make it a little more moist.
 After assembling the vegetables, meat and mushrooms over rice I topped each plate/serving with 1 fried egg, sunny side up and sprinkled a good amount of chilipepper and black pepper (spices freshly ground) and dark roasted sesame oil. For more heat I served korean chilipaste.

Besides: Arugula or salad rocket, I like it in salads, topped (uncooked) upon pizza with italian bacon, tossed (uncooked) in hot Spaghetti carbonara or pureed (uncooked) with walnuts, olive oil, garlic and anchovis as in pesto, but never used it as some kind of spinach or chrysanthemum leaf subsitute before. I did it on a whim but I highly recommend it. It is so tasty, really just a few seconds in boiling dashi and it keeps its flavor perfectly! I am going to grow lots of arugula this year in my garden - as always.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I know, I know. The ingredients should be cooked separately, but I can never make bibimbap in a proper way. After all, you mix them all up before eating, right?

Do you know what Korean people do to their bento before eating?
Here is an answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUbay3o5iI

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

It looks way better before than after shake and shuffle (laugh).

Sissi hat gesagt…

It looks delicious. I also love rocket (I even have a package now in the fridge), but would never think of using it this way. Very interesting.
As much as I like Korean cuisine, I have never had a bibimbap. Strange isn't it?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Sissi: it was my first attempt using rocket this way but it tasted really great. But be prepared, rocket looses lots of volume similiar to spinach. Yeah and try bibimbap, you are such an huge fan of korean cuisine.