Montag, 25. Februar 2013

What to do with leftover potato dumplings

Just a short one:
This may look a little strange, but I really love to eat leftover dumplings cut into slices and roasted in a pan (nonstick pan with a little oil) until crisp on salad. Just a small salad made of salad leaves, red onion and dressing. The salad sauce contains coarse dijon mustard, diet mayonnaise, honey, salt, pepper and a little white wine vinegar. I know diet mayonnaise tastes *yuk* but mixed with the other ingredients it is quite good.
For 1 person it takes one small Romano salad heart and 1 dumpling.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Hmm, looks delicius!

Actually, I've been thinking about making Japanese-style potato dango (dumplings) for months. I hope I can make them in the near future.

Sissi hat gesagt…

Actually, even though Swiss diet mayonnaise tastes like... glue, French diet mayonnaise is excellent (only two brands have a really good one: people even don't notice the difference), so I have been buying it for years.
Your idea is excellent. When I used to eat potato dumplings (when I lived with my mum) we ate them fried too, but never on a salad. Excellent idea.