Sonntag, 17. Februar 2013

Tonkatsu - breaded pork tenderloin with miso sauce


Today I decided on this dish: pork tenderloin deep-fried with a crunchy crust after a japanese recipe (豚カツ Tonkatsu, using tenderloin ロース rosu). For Germans breaded deep-fried pork cutlet is nothing uncommon, one of the most sold dishes in family restaurants once, but those are different: the tiniest and most delicious "Schnitzel" you may find ever, each just a bite or two and the meat is soft and juicy.

1 piece dipped in sauce - slightly pink inside

It is quickly prepared.

I cut one pork tenderloin (600 g) in slices (maybe 1.5 cm / as thick as my pinkie). Sprinkled salt and pepper, powdered the slices with a little flour, dragged them through beaten egg (1 large egg) and dipped them in bread crumbs to cover (1.5 cups).
I deep-fried the breaded tenderloin slices in a wok filled up to a third with rape seed oil, in batches of 3-4 slices. Flipped them over after one side turned golden.  I placed the fried pieces on kitchen paper towel (changed the towels 2x) to ge trid of some oil and deep-fried the next batch.


For the Miso sauce I heated up:
a few spoons water
1 tablespoon brown sugar,
2 tablespoons worcester sauce
1 tablespoon sake.
When hot I desolved 1 tablespoon red miso with a small whisk in this.

For sides I made a vegetable dish with carrot slices and broccoli steamed in dashi and spiced with some soy sauce and ground roasted sesame and I made some deep fried egg plant slices beforehand (especially for me...).  Traditionally it rather should be finely shredded crunchy cabbage, but I had non in storage and I did not miss any at all. Rice of course.

my share

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Those really look delicious!
Deep-fried Schnitzel!!!

The miso sauce sounds delicious, too! Nagoya-style miso sauce?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Yes, Nagoya-style! It is very tasty.

Sissi hat gesagt…

Lovely mini-tonkatsu! I keep on forgetting to buy tenderloin and prepare them to see the difference.
I always prepare the tonkatsu sauce Hiroyuki kindly taught me and have never tried miso one. I must test it next time I prepare tonkatsu.

Sissi hat gesagt…

I have completely forgot about your mini-tonkatsu but I think that unconsciously they stayed in my mind and made me prepare chicken katsu! Thank you! I have just realised it.