Montag, 7. Januar 2013

Fake ribs

I prepared fake ribs using half of the freshly made Seitan.

Fake rib slices with spicy indian potatoe-cauliflower stirfry
First I powdered the Seitan with a little starch and I fried it in a little oil mixed with a teaspoon roasted sesame oil. After nicely browned I made a few horizontal incisions (every 2 cm) into the Seitan.
I added:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 tablespoon homemade Tamarind-Plum-Sauce (or Hoisin sauce)
1 teaspoon freshly ground Sechzuan pepper
black pepper
1 pinch chilliflakes
1teaspoon freshly minced ginger root
5 soaked Hibiscus blossoms
1cup of broth (the remains from Simmering seitan)
I let this slowly simmer until the liquid was almost gone and the Seitan covered with a thick glaze spooning the sauce again and again over the surface.

This is how it looks:




Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

It looks like glazed meat indeed! Incredible! It's a very original way to use hibiscus blossoms (the only way I use them is drinking as tea...).

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

I found out about hibiscus blossom cooking in chinese youtube video about seitan. This adds a nice colour and flavour.