Montag, 29. Oktober 2012

Mushrooms (updated)



 
I found these guys in my garden. Wonder if they are edible. Some kind of Ritterling Tricholoma I guess. But I don't know which kind of Tricholoma, maybe the mice grey Tricholoma terreum (edible....).
The cap is shark grey coloured and dry and the skin of the cap shows no signs of flakes. The flesh very firm. It grows under a Thuja tree (6 m high) genus of coniferous trees in the Cupressaceae. Next is a rhododendron and some other cupressus trees (different kinds). Some of the grown up mushrooms have caps as big as 10 - 12 cm. The young mushrooms are showing cone shaped caps (but in a dull bell shape) getting flatter while growing. Later on there is only a tiny mount left in the middle of the cap and much later this mount seems to be flatten out but it's colour is deeper. The edges are first nearly perfectly rounded later on while growing, but they stay bend:
happy family - there are much more
sideview
A peek underneath
Cut in the middle, flesh stringy

Macrolepiota procera - or the another one but it is not the saffron coloured variety:



Lactarius deliciosus?? Grows near old wood and pine trees 

Some snails had dinner first
sideview

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

My son says your mushroom is not Tricholoma virgatum (nezumi shimeji in Japanese) because it's not pointed at the center of the cap, and added he couldn't identify it without checking the back side of the cap. He also needs to know the species of the tree nearby.

Anyway, I envy you because you have such a big garden!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Got it, just picked one of the Tricholoma??? and made some more pictures. There are more than 50 different Tricholoma varieties in europe. But maybe I am totally wrong and it is from another family.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I will ask my son to see the photos when he gets back home tonight. It's around 6:45 in the morning in Japan right now.

In Japan, a local hokenjo 保健所 (public health center) will help you identify mushrooms. I wonder if you have a similar institute in Germany.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Oh yes, we do have local mushroom experts working voluntary. During summer until the end of october, always on mondays and only in the late monday afternoon, they will help. But they are closed now and anyway I am not able to visit on mondays. Mondays I arrive at home during the late evening (beats me).

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

My son is unable to think of one that exactly matches your description.
Two mushrooms he can think of right now that are similar to your description are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucopaxillus_giganteus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitocybe_nebularis

As for the second mushroom, he is positive. He says it's Lactarius deliciosus (akahatsu in Japanese).

We hope you contact a more knowledgeble person to identify your mushrooms.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Thank you and best regards to your son. I think Clitocybe nebularis or in German http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebelgrauer_Trichterling
matches pretty good and it is a mushroom which is related to the family of Tricholomataceae /Ritterlingen.

Nippon Nin hat gesagt…

I have no idea what they are but interesting. I hope it's edible kind.

Thank you for your comment on my blog.