Montag, 20. August 2012

Tropical heat wave: cold dishes

or nearly cold.  Today I started to work at my office at 6 a.m. in the morning - yes I managed to wake up at 4 a.m and took off at 5:20 a.m. Temperatures: Inside my office 39 degree C, outside 25 degree C, later on at high noon 35 degree C outside. Inside warmer, much warmer because my office is placed in a kind of glass palace on top of a building. Managed to stay for 9 hours straight while my brain seemed to have fallen into some sort of heat induced stupor/sleeping mode - in the end I could hardly manage to make proper phone calls or write some more or less meaningful concepts. I just melted and withered away... but I am still alive and kicking and gonna be paid (not enough though). No more heat please or an office with AC - I didn't want to eat something warm or drink something warm. So today it was just a big plate of salad with some solids:

Just salad, kind of nicoise, lots of
 Serves 3:
6 potaoes, boiled and peeled afterwards, cut into quarters or halves and sliced
2 handful green beans, trimmed, boiled shortly
4 smaller sized tomatoes, roughly cut
1 mild red onion, sliced
leave salad heart, just the smaller leaves
1 can tuna
3 anchovis, chopped
handful olives, pitted, marinated in herbs
3 hard boiled eggs, quartered

For dressing it is just a good shot olive oil, 1/2 lemon - the juice,  little gralic, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon mustard.
Just put everything (when cooled down) on a big plate or in a big salad bowl: first salad leaves, afterwards potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, tuna, onions, sprinkle olives and anchovis, top with egg and spoon dressing all over. Toss at the table.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Office without air conditioning?! Incredible!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Are you making fun of me?
Well, offices with AC do exists - in banking buildings or at bigger companies and the likes. We have some sort of AC in our very important meeting rooms for very important peoples.
But not in the offices of the typical middle management low lifes in public services (laugh). I am glad to have my own office room, which is bigger than 15 square meters and I don't have to share it with someone else, in a "once upon at time it was way stylish" building from the late 70ties or early eighties last century which is defintely not eco friendly but very "Bauhaus"...