Freitag, 15. Juni 2012

Salmon wrapped in Nori

Today I prepared a cold dinner for my husband in advance because I will visit some friends until late night and have dinner with them.


Just some vegetables, sushi rice and Salmon Nori wraps (think of o-bento on a plate).

I steamed the vegetables (sweet red bellpepper and broccoli) in dashi, spiced with a little soy sauce, ginger and garlic. I also drizzeld a little sesame oil afterwards.
The bellpepper got some roasted sesame seeds too and some sprigs chive, the broccoli a squeeze of lemon juice.

For the fish I sprinkled a thickly cut slice of salmon with soy sauce, mirin and a few drops oyster sauce and wrapped the slice in one sheet Nori. I roasted it from all sides until the Nori was crisp and browned, than I cut the slice in 4 cubes and roasted the salmon cubes at the unwrapped sides.

I filled a tomatoe with a mixture of mayonnaise and wasabi for the fish and filled a little dashi soy sauce mix in a small glass to spice up the vegetables. On top of sweet and sour rice I sprinkled a little shredded sea weed and garnished it with red basil leaves.

For dessert I cut 500 g fresh strawberries into halves and marinated them in a mix of sugar, strawberry syrup and lime juice (sorry I did not meassure anything). I whipped 250 g mascarpone and 250 g yoghurt with maybe 3 tablespoons sugar until soft and light and placed it layered with strawberries in a bowl: first 1/3 mascarpone cream followed by 1/3 of the strawberries and so on.

1 Kommentar:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Salmon wrapped in nori sounds innovative!