Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012

Tropical heat wave

Today we had to face 30 degree Celsius outside - in the shadow. Inside my office the temperature was higher - way higher. I started to dream about an AC again, but there is no helping. The higher ups believe in our ecofriendly wet and cold summers. I was pretty worn out after my work was done, but it was the last day before my holidays and tomorrow I will appreciate my garden much more before preparing my journey.
Dinner had to be something light and refreshing today because I was not hungry at all.
I just made cold thin noodles with a dressing, some crunchy vegetables and a little flaked smoked salmon.

For dressing:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
a dash oyster sauce
a little salt
chilli pepper
pepper
1 tablespoon crema di balsamico (old aged sweet vinegar)
1 teaspoon + dark sesame oil
- just stir

1/2 cucumber, cut in smaller pieces
about 15 red radishes (small round radishes), quartered
2 spring onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut in smaller chunks
100 g salmon, smoked - flaked

150 g Spaghettini (very thin spaghetti cooked in 3 minutes) rinsed in cold water, tossed dripping wet with dressing and vegetables.

Sauce -nothing special at all but it was nice to slurp cold noodles and took one crunchy bite once in a while:



Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Is it universal for all humans to crave for cold noodles on a hot day (laugh)?

Sissi hat gesagt…

Strangely I have never prepared cold noodles, but even in the Winter I enjoy as much cold leftover noodles dish as the warm freshly prepared ones. Hopefully this heat wave finally comes to Switzerland and I can try cold noodles too.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Hiroyuki: Craving for something cold on hot days is universal. In Germany having cold noodle salad is very common during summertime but in a german version with mayonnaise dressing, cooked peas, sausage and such.

Sissi: I think Geneve is a much warmer place during summertimes so you may enjoy lots of cold noodles pretty soon.