Freitag, 6. April 2012

Tiny egg liqueur cakes

Yesterday I made 6 small cakes (think muffin) using a new silicon baking mould I bought for very little money (1.99 Euro) some time ago. I did not expect much but was surprised afterwards - actually this mould is pretty good. It has 6 tiny moulds for 6 small cakes with a floral pattern.
Cake in sunflower shape

Cake recipe:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Advocaat
1/4 cup oil
1 pinch vanilla
1 egg,
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon baking powder (1/2 bag)
butter/oil for moulds
For glaze:
1 teaspoon Advocaat
2 tablespoons icing sugar


Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
Whisk sugar with eggs until creamy, add Advocaat and oil (little by little) while whisking. Stir in flour mixed with baking powder - don't overdoe.
Fill in 6 buttered moulds. Bake at 180 C about 25 minutes. Let cakes cool on a rack. Decorate with a glaze made from Advocaat and icing sugar (just stir together until smooth, for more thickness use more icing sugar).

The cakes came of the moulds easy, no sticking and the shapes were very nice.

Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

It sounds delicious! I haven't had advocaat for ages, but I have one bottle a cousin brought me last year, so I think I'll drink some. I didn't know advocaat can be put into cakes. A very "Eastery" recipe :-)
I am addicted to silicon moulds and have lots of them (there is even one I have never used...). Happy Easter!

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Silicone (not silicon, I suppose) kitchen utensils have become very popular in Japan, too. They are so attractive that I'm tempted to buy some, but actually, I have never bought any.

Advocaat is new to me. It must add some nice flavor to your cakes!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Sissi: This a wellknown recipe in Germany for a pound cake (no office coffee party without it seems). You can find it published on the webpages of the Advocaat producer Verpoorten.
http://www.verpoorten.de/eierlikoer-rezepte/Backen/Eierlikoerkuchen-mit-dem-Gelben-Klassiker-Superlecker.html/rezeptsuche/Eierlik--oe--rkuchen
Sorry, it is in german. Wonder why it is only known in Germany. I think it is one of the best pound cakes ever, tastes so delightful.

Hiroyuki: right, my bad. Silicone it is. In german it is called Silikon. Silicone makes fantastic moulds - no sticking, easy to clean in the dishwasher. I sampled different kinds over the years for different kinds of baked goods: for brioche, madeleines, muffins, tartes, chocolate praline.