Montag, 2. April 2012

Lovely spring flower

Oh I like those flowers very much: Fritillaria meleagris called "Schachbrettblume = chess board flower" due to the checkered pattern


a poisonous beauty


Need to have lots and lots more in my garden. I am happy that they decided to come back each and every year. I also have the white variety but the purple is so much prettier. Wednesday we will have some snowy rain. No need for this while the peach and the nashi are blossoming. The plum finished blossoming a few days ago - lucky. I was a little adventurous and put two cucumber plants (variety of baby salad cucumber) in my foil green house. Better to bring them in again. But we had so many warm days already.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Unfortunately, we don't have exactly the same species in Japan, but katakuri is very popular around here in Niigaa prefecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythronium_japonicum
It's not poinonous; you can obtain starch (katakuriko) from its corm, and the people here like to boil the young leaves and have them as ohitashi.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Katakuris looks nice too and you can eat it - wonderful!