Sonntag, 1. April 2012

Bulgogi - using up the kimchi

Today I made Bulgogi. This is something I like to eat at korean restaurants very much. Due to the weather, rather cold, cloudy and windy, there was no way to use a charcoal grill. I decided to make bulgogi in big a castiron pan.
meat, kimchi, daikon, okra and carrot

I took
  • 350 g beef (entrecote part), sliced in very thin slices
  • For the marinade (all stired together)
  • 2 tablespoons Soysauce
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 big garlic glove, crushed
  • pinch black pepper
  • small pinch chilli flakes

some different vegetables:
  • okras, cleaned, rubbed with salt, rinsed, halved lengthwise, blanched in dashi stock, spiced with Ponzu sauce made from lemon juice, sesame oil, soysauce
  • carrot, cut in thicker sticks, blanched in dashi stock, spiced with ground sesame-salt
  • daikon, cut in thicker rounds, slow simmered in dashi, soysauce, sugar, sake with seagrass stripes
  • spring onion,  sliced
  • Kimchi

I marinated the meat 45 minutes, meanwhile I prepared the side dishes (vegetables) starting with the daikon. Sorry I did not measure the ingredients for slow simmered daikon properly. I just tossed everything together right from the bottles. I rubbed the pan with oil. Heated it up and put in a few slices meat only, turning them after a few seconds (roast colour will appear quick) - ready to be eaten.  I also stir fried the kimchi. It tastes so much better heated up.
Meat is served with a little kimchi and spring onion and can be eaten wrapped up in a salad leaf together with some glas noodles. But we ate it together with side dishes and rice.  After the first batch was finished I made another batch and so on.

1 Kommentar:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Wow, another elaborate meal by you!

Different vegetables precooked in different ways!