Looking into the vegetable storage I decided on a quick noodle salad.
|Noodle salad - Thai style|
- Thai Rice noodles (80 g), cooked and rinsed with cold water - I used some more larger noodles not vermicellis
- 2 carrots, cut in julienne
- 1/2 medium sized daikon, cut in julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 red shalotts, sliced
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce (Nam plah)
- 2 tablespoons and a bit more dried shrimps
- 1 hot chilli pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- a little bit oil
- more chilli if in need
In a non stick pan fry shalott slices and dried shrimps until onions are nicly roasted. Just use a few drops oil to catch the fragrance. Add sugar, ginger, chilli pepper, lemon juice, fish sauce, stir well, add to a bowl.
Add noodles and spring onion slices and vegetables stripes and toss well. I would have added green coriander leaves too, but I had none.
At least I added a little indonesian chilli paste to my bowl. Cured me in an instant.