Samstag, 24. März 2012

Breakfast - another just "crack an egg"

Hiroyuki showed different methods to make poached egg. Here is another method to cook an egg. Most easiest. You may call it egg in a jar.
I have some egg coddlers named "Jenaer Eierkoch No. 2" from the designer of Bauhaus Wilhelm Wagenfeld. Eierkoch means egg cooker. Very convenient:


Egg coddler: jar, lid, clamp
For each egg coddler:
wipe the inside of the coddler with a little butter. Put in 1 cherry tomato, cut in small chunks without seeds, some stripes of ham, a few drops soy sauce, 2 spring onion slices, pepper, sweet chilli, crack an egg into it, sprinkle with chives, close lid and place the egg coddler in a pot with boiling water - water should reach up to half of the coddlers height.

Coddler sits on a folded sheet of kitchen paper towel
 Lower heat to some soft rolling boil and cook with closed pot lid about 7 minutes (more or less, as you want) until the egg white is set. I prefer the egg yolk runny and wobbly.





Eat from the coddler or just flip it on some bread.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Thank you for showing us your wonderful coddler!

I think I will use my chawanmushi bowls to make similar dishes, but first, I will make chawanmushi for my daughter.

Sissi hat gesagt…

What an extraordinary way to cook eggs! I love this even from the aesthetic point of view. Are such coddlers -I mean similar- popular in Germany?

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Sissy: the coddlers are traded since 1933, the production is still going on and on. It is a german product. Just search online for Wagenfeld Eierkoch.

Sissi hat gesagt…

Thank you! I will google it.