Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012

Junkfood

Yesterday evening I made some burger patties. Just the german kind of flat meatball:
400 g pork/beef ground meat
1 egg
2 tablespoons panko flakes
1 small onion, minced
salt, pepper, sweet chilli powder to taste

After kneading I formed 6 flat and big patties and roasted them in a pan on both sides until browned and done.While still hot I covered each patty with a slice of mild buttery cheese. I made this patties for hamburger, what else.

To have a quick hamburger snack today, I only had to heat up one patty in the microwave (1 min) and to roast a hamburger bun with the toaster.
I covered the bottom half of the bun with 1 teaspoon mayo and mustard (50:50), followed by 2 salad leaves (violet green oak leave salad), patty, some slices cherry tomatoe, 2 slices pickled cucumber, onion rings, roasted onion crunch and ketchup and topped it with the upper half. A toothpick and an olive helped to keep the whole thing together. Prepared beforehand it is done in 5 minutes. I was so hungry it was gone in 30 seconds or so. (Due to my workload I had no lunch and only a slice of bread and a boiled egg early in the morning and a small pudding during the afternoon later on.This is so not healthy...)

Voila: Junkfood

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

With so many vegetables in it, yours looks like pretty healthy food to me!

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, it's not junk food at all! A good hamburger is worth 100 x more than many sophisticated dishes I know. Especially the home-made one! I also love combining ground pork with beef.