Freitag, 10. Februar 2012

Fighting the cold III

Besides having stressful times at work the most stressful part of the day is to leave home early in the morning. It is way too cold outside. Therefor I developed quite some appetite. Reminds me on a bear fattening up for hibernation. For example: today I ate 6 red bean paste filled mochi in one go, horrible. And they even didn't taste that good. Well, store bought, made in Taiwan, but I could not resist.
Tomorrow I am going to make some fresh right from the scratch.
(Recipe and pictures will follow)
Lately we went out with friends and had a few cocktails (too much) but guess what, I am more fond of hot tea with rum these days. It was rather hard to consume long island ice tea and mango mai tai with lots of crashed ice knowing there are still -16 C outside, waiting for you. After 3 or 4 cocktails it doesn't matter that much anymore.
And they even promised lots of snow up to come soon. I am most delighted. In the beginning of next week I have to travel again for some days. Reminding last years travel by train, during the heavy snow and ice rain season, I know this will become quite something. But flying by plain is no option - they will not fly due to heavy snow conditions for sure. We are living in a well developed and prosporous high technology country but unfortunately we cannot deal well with strong weather conditions.
I would rather like to stay at home, warm and cosy as this lazy cat. He likes to sleep right in front of the fire place.

Fire does not keep away wild animals. Today it attracts them even more.

1 Kommentar:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I can't imagine what it's like living in an area as cold as a freezer...

I agree. No country, whether developed or not, can control the weather.