Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2012

Eating out


Guess were I have been these days.


Right this is not Japan because this nice building was nearby:


I had to stay in Munich for work and met collegues from other german countries. We decided to visit the world famous Munich Hofbräuhaus for a little after work party. Hofbräuhaus is somewhat special if you come from the northern territories - the music, the size of the beer mugs, the meals, costumes and guests! We never visited the Hofbräuhaus before and thought it would be nice to see it once. Guess what, we were aliens between 70% chinese business men, 20 % japanese students and some others (americans) and it is a first class tourist trap for sure.
It is quite uncommon to watch the serving of a whole pig - crunchy roasted - with firework and  Brass music orchestra. The musicians walked right behind the pig in this nice surrounding:

A group of Chinese ordered the pig feast. After 45 minutes they had finished the pig and walked away maybe hitting the next european metropole.
We had some typical german lunch and stayed for 2 hours:


Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Schnitzel, Schweinsbraten and Hax'n (Sausage, sour cabbage, schnitzel, pork roast and feet), Bretzel. I ordered a so called Brotzeit (Time to eat some bread), sausages, bacon, cheese and Bretzel.

It was quite common: not bad, but not that good either...
Funny to watch a bunch of japanese students bored endlessly while their teacher talked and talked and talked about the history of the building and beer brewing. I am not quite sure if they had some of the famous beer afterwards. I think not. But there were a lot of eastern european teens which had more then one mug for sure.
Afterwards we went into a small brewery which was much quiter and cosy.

The next day I visited a famous deli "Dallmayers" and bought some valentine chocolat for my husband. They sell everything: cheese, meat, sausages, tea, coffee, chocolates, preserves, bakery goods, snacks, salads, wine...

He already ate some so these are the leftovers. 


The heart shaped shell is also made of chocolat.

Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

It's the same with touristic restaurants all around the world I suppose... On the other hand there is one excellent famous restaurant in Paris where lots of Chinese tourists come and where the food is amazing. I remember when I first saw the group I thought they had an intelligent tour operator and tasted among the best offer in Paris.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Thank you for your report!
Quite interesting, everything from bicycles on the snowy road, the typical German lunch, which you had with beer(?), bored Japanese students, and your gift for your husband.

As for me, I got some beer (third-category beer, Nodogoshi Nama, to be exact) from my wife.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Yes I had beer, 1 mug/Maß = 1 liter dark brew: dark lager - sweetish heavy malty. I like dark beer but I don't drink beer that often. Hofbräuhaus is a brewery and therefor you should drink their beer at least once.

Third category beer?! What will she get on white day in return I wonder.