Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012

Kitchen design

Hiroyuki showed his kitchen in another forum. I may display mine here. I have chosen a kitchen with glossy surfaces in some sort of dark red and light boards mixed with a wood design (almond wood) - a pain to clean but nice to look at. It had to fit into the living area.

But the things most important for me are:
Storgage space and everything quick at hand. This kind of drawers I like the best:
Pharmacy drawers - up to 1.80 m. Got two: For spices, oil, sauces, herbs and one with dry goods as pasta, grains, flour, cans.
 
Deep drawers where one can store all the huge pots with lids. Every pot has its own space no searching for lids or other goods. In other drawers of this size I keep kitchen hardware. And drawers from small to big for all this different kind of kitchen tools, foils, baking moulds, garbage system.

Enough work space around the cooking field for cutting boards where you can manage to prepare and cook with more than one people:


A huge sink with two partitions and a flexible tap. This one has a tube so the tap can be pulled out.


And small distances. I can manage to do everything around the island in the middle. And lots of power sockets - can't have enough of those.
Integrated hardware as fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave and oven. And now I am going to prepare that duck.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Wow, what a great kitchen you have!
Thank you for showing us your kitchen!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Thank you. I am always interested in kitchens of other people. This was the first and is maybe the last kitchen I ever planned and bought. My first kitchen was during university times: cabinets bought second hand. My second was rented with the flat. My third was a rather new kitchen from my husbands aunt who moved into a new home where the cabinets did not fit. My fifth we bought with the house - but I hated it, so this was my chance.

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, you have such a wonderful, functional kitchen! I wish mine was like this (it's big, but old and not functional at all).