Freitag, 16. Dezember 2011

Ghost story

A short while ago I watched Shinya shokudo - midnight canteen. There was a part dealing about sweet and sour pork and a ghost story attached. I really do like ghost stories a lot. Actually I read about a tourist tour in Tokyo visiting all important haunted places - that is something I would book anytime. Do I believe in ghosts?
Let me tell you this:
About 20 years ago I lived with my husband and son in the capital city. We just moved in a huge flat in an old building. This 5 story house was build in 1900, survived two wars,  was bombed ones and did burn a bit, but it was rebuilt. It is located in a so called good living quarter and the flats in this area and in this type of building are well liked. So we were really happy to find such a nice flat to rent for little money.
One late evening I was laying in bed trying to sleep. Husband was in his office (at this time he started his company not long ago and had to work late hours) and the son was in his room hopefully sleeping as well. I must have been falling asleep for just a few minutes  as I woke up again. The air in our sleeping room suddenly turned chilly although it was late summer. I was still wondering why and at this moment I sensed someone right besides me. Do you know how it feels when you lay in bed and another person is going to lay down on the same mattrass? The mattrass moves while giving way for the weight of a body laying down and your body follows a bit?
I felt this. There was someone who just layered its huge body near me with just a littel space  inbetween. It emanated coldness and at the same time the air felt somehow thick, hard to breath. In an instant I knew there was something seriously wrong. This was not my husband. This thing did not make any sound - no breathing at all and I was scared as scared as could possibly be. I was so scared I could not move a bit.  I opened my eyes  and looked besides me - it was really dark in the room, but next to me it was even more pitch black, darkness shaped a person. I don't know how long it took, but the mattrass moved again and that thing was gone from one moment to another - in a blink.  I jumped out of the bed and turned on the light but there was nothing and I was soaked in cold sweat.

Was I asleep, was it a dream between sleep and awakening?  I really don't know, but it felt so real...and I can still recall the feeling and pictures anytime.

Kommentare:

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, how am I supposed to go to sleep now? Just joking, but I should read it in the morning and not at 10 pm.. I will try to forget your story, but it is fascinating and really scary. My grandmother used to talk about a ghost presence she experienced as a young girl and it was also the only time in her life.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Thank you for your ghost story!
Did the "ghost" appear only once?
Did your husband and son believe your story?

I have never seen a ghost, but my father says he saw his dead brother standing by his bedside one day, when we still lived in Tokyo, saying something like (I don't remember the exact words), "What happened to our promise?" Actually, this experience prompted my father to buy a piece of land in Chiba and have a house built to fulfill the promise to live together.
His brother died in action in World War II.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

The ghost appeared only onces. Usually people as in my family say: Your were just dreaming. I am not quite sure. Only my mother is a true believer. She made some really scary ghost experiences too. Maybe we both have very vivid dreams (laugh). But she had a grandmother (my grandgrandmother) who could tell wether missing people during war actions were still alive or dead. She was highly frequented from people all around. Her skills must have been good. She did not work in some kinky kind of fortune teller industry. She was just a normal elderly person.