Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2011

Dried persimmons - state

The persimmons are still dangling in our late atumn storms. Today I was a little concerned wether they would be still up or blown away with the wind. But they are doing fine. They lost some of their size (1/4?) so the process is going on and on. There is no sign of mold or rotting and I give a little massage once a day while turning them in the net bags. The outdoor temperatures are about 2 degree C at night to 8 degree C during the day and since a week we have very windy weather. At the moment, after 2 weeks, I would say the net bag method seems to be a sucess.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

I'm glad to know that your persimmons are doing fine!

Are you going to keep them in the net? Maybe your fishing line will come in handy now.

Sissi hat gesagt…

If you massage them, I'm sure they will appreciate and make the best they can to dry properly ;-)
Seriously, you are very attentive with your persimmons. I hope they taste great when the drying process is finished.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Sissi: As I may say I am rather skilled providing massages - wether it is for a persimmon or some husband (laugh). No, I am just following the hints.

Hiroyuki:
I think they are still too heavy for the fishing line. Maybe next week.