Mittwoch, 16. November 2011

Tebasaki - spicy chicken wings

The next days I am off on a business related journey. Husband has to eat something tomorrow and I made a few chicken wings and noodles which he may reheat in the micro wave.
How to cook Tebasaki Chicken wings is displayed on the "cooking with dog channel" and they looked that good I had to made them with little changes.
 
Just using simply basic ingredients:
8 chicken wings (I never seen this big wings as in cooking channel)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sake
1/2 tablespoon mild white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
salt
lots of black pepper, chilli flakes
big knob of ginger, grated
1 big garlic glove, grated
1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil and seeds
oil for frying

First wash chicken wings, pat them dry and sprinkle with salt, black pepper,1 tablespoon sake and 1 teaspoon grated ginger - in cooking with dog they used ginger juice but I did'nt. Toss and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Cook garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar on high heat, reduce to low and let cook until it is reduced a bit (looking lightly thicker and glossy). Fill in a big bowl and add vinegar.
Add 2 heaped tablespoons corn starch or potatoe starch into a plastic bag, add chicken wings and toss while shaking the closed bag.
Heat oil for frying and sesame oil in a wok.  Add 4 chicken wings and deep fry until golden and crisp.  Turn them over when one side is done and once in a while splash some of the hot oil over the wing surface.
Let wings rest on paper towels to reduce the oil and toss them - still hot, in the sauce.
Fry the other 4 wings, same procedure. Place wings on a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds, chilli powder.

I made some noddles too: Just tagiatelle with sliced button mushrooms, sliced leek, sliced green onions, garlic, chilli, ginger, sesame paste and -oil, soy sauce and chicken broth. And steamed broccoli.

Guess he has enough to eat if tonight he keeps his fingers away from the chicken wings.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Tebasaki is something I love to eat but hate to make. Your husband should be glad that you made them. They should go very well with beer!

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

One more thing: In the video, the woman uses a pan with a single handle to deep-dry the tebasaki. I sometimes see similar situations on TV cooking show. Looking at such scenes makes me so nervous that I almost cry out, "Watch out!"

Sissi hat gesagt…

I have never heard of chicken tabasaki, but it looks delicious! (I know the cooking with a dog show, the lady presents very interesting dishes, although I haven't tried anything yet). Your husband is lucky ;-)

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Hiroyuki: I fried the chicken wings in a one handle wok.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

OK, you are a well-seasoned cook, so is the lady in the cooking show video. I guess I shouldn't have said that (laugh).