Freitag, 25. November 2011

Short note: Nukadoko

The nukadoko survived its 4th week. It is still alive and kicking. I pickled quite a lot daikon and carrots these days, but is hard to get smaller sized cucumber. The big ones don't fit in. I had to add another cup of rice bran and salt because it got a little too soggy. But the smell is still ok, intense, but nothing like garbage smell, paint thinner or acid. Reminds of bread and much more on pickling olives.
Last week I could not mix it for 2 days in a row because I was on a journey. That did not harm the nukadoko that much - but the smell was very intense. After mixing and airing it for a longer time it was fine again.

1 Kommentar:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Thank you for the follow-up on your nukadoko.

Big ones? But can't you just cut them in half or into smaller pieces?

I'm glad to hear that your nukadoko survived in spite of your 2-day trip!