Freitag, 4. November 2011

Day #5 of nukadoko

There is no sour smell, but a more intense earthy one. I just burried some red radishes. They use to be small and red. The radishes I choosed are rather big. I simply pushed them into the bed (no digging) and closed the bed over them.

the colour is wrong. In reality it is not curry yellow
After 5 hours:



I ate one already and am still alive and kicking. They lost some of their water content but are still juicy. Besides the light saltiness there was another flavour (not unpleasant) I am not accustomed to. Must be the pickling bed.
Mixed the bed again, tossed away yesterdays greens (chard stems) and sticked in small peeled carrots.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

The bread seems to have little effect on the acceleration of the fermentation process. Or, maybe the room temperature is low. Anyway, nukadoko differs from sourdough in that the former contains salt and it won't go bad as fast.

Sissi hat gesagt…

I am getting really impatient to try nukadoko once more. I have never thought about putting radishes. Great idea!