Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011

Ramen

After eating out for a few days, we don't have that much appetite. This calls for ramen only.
For ramen you need a nice broth. I choosed pork broth made from cooking spare ribs for bbq preparation. Usually I freeze this kind of broth. It is a simple broth without any spices or salt.
Based on spare rib broth I made the soup:

Ramen

Ingredients:
1.5 - 2  l pork broth from cooking bony pork parts
1 piece pork loin, maybe 10 cm
1/2 cup dashi
1/4  cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 big knob ginger, peeled and sliced
1 piece kombu
1 carrot, julienned
1 handful soy beans sprouts, blanched
6 small round red radishes, cut in rounds
5 button mushrooms, cut in slices
8 cloud ear mushrooms, soaked in water (best over night ).
2 eggs
8 small pieces broccoli
2 green onions, sliced


First I mixed, dashi, soy sauce, sake, ginger and sugar and brought it to boil. I porched the loin piece for 10 minutes in this liquid by low heat and closed lid until nearly done: slightly pink inside.
Afterwards I let the loin rest in a sheet of tin foil.
I added the sieved loin cooking liquid to the pork broth together with a piece of kombu and cooked it just a few minutes together with the cloud ear mushrooms. I  took the kombu from the broth, checked the seasoning concerning soy sauce, salt and added the broccoli, radish, bean sprouts, mushrooms and carrots but not the green onions. I covered the pot with a lid and let it rest without cooking.
Meanwhile I cooked the ramen noodles and eggs (5 min).
I put some noodles in soup cups, added broth and vegetables, 2-3 slices loin, 1/2 egg and sprinkled a little green onion slices. Additional there was some hot spicy pork belly too and korean chilli paste for a more "hot" soup sensation.

1 Kommentar:

Sissi hat gesagt…

Kiki, you remind me it's the perfect season to make ramen! I have never made broth with pork bones, but promised myself to practice both pork broth and soy sauce and mirin broth when the weather gets colder.