Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011

Pork-okara-tofu ragout with spinach and leek

I made a batch tofu out of 200 g soy beans. So I got okara and a small bar firm tofu too.
I often use to cook quick dishes (after 10 hours work I don't want to prepare any kind of ***cuisine), this is  todays "I am hungry and I want to eat right now" really fast to cook dish:


I took ( for about 4 persons):
200 g ground meat (pork)
1 small brick tofu
1 cup okara
1 cup dashi
1 leek, cleaned, upper dark green leave parts trimmed
1 garlic glove, sliced
1 knob ginger, grated
4 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 sip mirin
chili flakes
black pepper
salt
maybe* 500 g frozen spinach leaves (blanched and pressed into balls before freezing, revived in the microwave)
Bonito shavings

First I washed the rice and set it on the heat.
Than I roasted the ground meat  in a non stick pan into crumbles and added okara - I didn't  use any fat, but you may. After 5 minutes roasting on mild heat I added sliced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, sugar and vinegar. I stir fried it a little and added the leek in slices, after 1 minute the dashi. I cooked it on medium heat about 5 minutes - depends on the size of the meat crumbles.
Meanwhile I put the spinach in the microwave. *) They sell it in a plastic bag containing small spinach units. You can take as many spinach balls as in need from this container. For 1 rice bowl I took 2 spinach balls. I stirred the spinach into the ragout and adjusted the seasoning with soy sauce and salt and black pepper.
I will freeze the left over ragout without spinach and just cook the spinach in the microwave whenever we will have some more ragout.
Serve on rice topped with a little bonito shavings.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Combining tofu and okara sounds innovative! It's like oyako don (parent-child donburi)!

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

So it is innovative? Outsiders may have strange ideas sometimes. I liked it (laugh).