Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011

Just pizza with mushrooms and more

Husband longed for pizza and I simply made one. Pizza is bad for the hips but always very yummy. One of the best junk food ever invented. Next week I am going on diet - maybe.

pizza
pizza dough rolls - outside crunchy, inside fluffy
I prepared pizza dough using about 450 g flour, salt, 3/4 parcel instant yeast, 1 pinch sugar, 250 ml lukewarm water, olive oil - the usual thing. My kitchen machine did most of the job. Beating time was about 10 minutes. I let the dough rise for 2 hours.
Afterwards I shaped one pizza dough layer by using both fists (spinning  it round and round and stretch it meanwhile). I placed the dough in a round pizza tin and cut off the excessive thick rimmings and let the dough rise 20 minutes. The remaining dough from the cuttings  I shaped into 8 little pizza breads (small rolls made of pizza dough).

For the pizza topping I used:
3 tablespoons tomatoe chunks
2 tablespoons tomatoe paste
1 pinch sugar
5 slices italian sausage: thinnly cut salame tipo felino
6 brown button mushrooms, sliced in thicker slices
1/2 small red bell pepper, sliced in thin slices
1 jalapeno, sliced finely
1 white onion, sliced finely
1 garlic glove, sliced finely
10 olives
3 anchovis cut lenghtwise and halved
1 mozarella di buffolo, sliced
some parmigiano-reggiano, freshly shaved
2 pinches oregano (wild oregano from crete) rubbed between the palms of the hands
black pepper
small pinch smoked red chilli powder
olive oil
only a little salt
First I mixed tomatoe chunks and -paste with a pinch sugar and spread the mixture very thinnly on the dough. Afterwards I arranged all the other toppings (I used a mandoline for most of the vegetables). Sprinkled everything with herbs and spices and at last topping the cheese slices and -shavings. I sprinkled a little olive oil over the pizza and it went into the preheated oven at 220 C for 15 minutes or so - done when dough seems to be crunchy and cheese golden.
I glazed the dough rolls with olive oil and sprinkled them with a roughly grinded oriental spice mixture (coriander, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, anisette, sesame, gloves) and sesame seeds.  I baked them at 200 C for maybe 10-15 minutes (did not use a watch) until golden.

Very nice eaten still warm with just a little butter or dipped in oil. More than pizza I love this small rolls. So most of the pizza went into husband.

Kommentare:

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

Although I'm on a diet, I'd like to have them both!!! I'd probably cut back on the amount of cheese on the pizza and have the rolls without butter.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Hiroyuki: Ever tried a pizza provencale? Tomatoe slices, many onion slices, olives, olive oil and anchovis (many) and garlic and herbs. Completely without cheese but very good too.

Hiroyuki hat gesagt…

>pizza provencale

I've never heard of it. Pizza without cheese on it... Hm..., even Japanese-style pizzas have cheese on them, and some have lots and lots of mayonnaise on them! Do you know the toppings the most loved by the Japanese? Probably corn, tuna, and mayo.

Fräulein Trude hat gesagt…

Nobody here would ever put any mayo on pizza. Maybe my son. Once we stopped in southern france at a motorway restaurant. It was self service only. He put on his plate: fries, topped with potatoe mash, topped with fried eggs and garlic mayo. The whole thing looked a lot like a yellow vulkano with white lava streams. But at this time he was 7 years old. We didn't say anything. He ate up so happily.