Samstag, 15. Oktober 2011

Chocoholic okara-chocolate-plum-cake

I still had some okara left, so I used it up today. Chocolate was it.  I made a very dark and very chocoholic chocolate cake:
chocolate cake

250 g dry okara (pressed soy bean leftovers from tofu making)
250 ml flour (all purpose)
200 g dried but soft damaszene plums, chopped
150 g brown sugar
125 g dark chocolate
125 ml canola oil
125 ml skimmed milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
3/4 parcel baking powder (8 g)
2 tablespoons wiskey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon icing sugar

Roast okara in a dry pan about 5 minutes, let cool a little. Melt chocolate. Mix okara with sugar, chocolate and oil than add everything else in your kitchen machine and let run a minute. Fill in a round and greased baking pan (24 cm diameter, silicon).
Bake 30 min on 175 C. Make a tooth pick probe: if the tooth pick comes out clean after sticking it into the middle of the cake, the cake is ready. Let cool on a rack. Dust cake with icing sugar.
The cake is very soft and tender, juicy but not sticky and not too sweet.

1 Kommentar:

Sissi hat gesagt…

I adore prunes and chocolate combination (prunes in chocolate are one of the most frequent sweet snacks I make, I am addicted). I have almost forgotten how good a cake with okara was. I must start making okara once more (thanks to your kind help it's no longer a mystery!) and include in a chocolate cake. Yours looks fantastic!