Sonntag, 25. September 2011

Small rack of lamb on mediterranean vegetables

Tomorrow I don't have time to cook. So I prepared something in advance for my husband (his cooking skills: fry an egg and open a can of baked beans...).
To make sure he gets all his nutrients I have to feed him properly. Still, I did not want to fuzz around and made soemthing quick. I took:
1 very small rack of lamb (3 boned)
1 small pointed red bellpepper, diced (1.5 cm x 1.5cm)
1/2 of a smaller eggplant, diced  (1.5 cm x 1.5 cm)
1 medium tomatoe, peeled, diced roughly
1 onion, cut in small halfmoon slices
1 garlic glove, in slices
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
2 good pinches grounded oriental spice (coriander, chiliflakes, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cumin)
1 anchovis fillet (pickled in salt), minced
1 small glass of dry sherry
a few big olives, pitted
salt to taste
olive oil
First I rubbed the lamb with spices and salt. Heated a little olive oil in a pan and roasted the rack of lamb from each sides until it was nicely browned. I put the lamb on one side of the pan and added the vegetables and garlic. I roasted the vegetables a little until eggplant cubes showed nice roast marks. I deglaced with a small glas, nearly a sip, of sherry and added the herbs, tomatoe cubes, the minced anchovis and olives. I placed the lamb above the vegetables, closed the pan with a lid and let everything simmer about 10-15 minutes over low heat - until a thermometer picked in the middle of the meat showed 65C. I turned of the heat, adjusted the seasonings and put the lid back on (there remained only the heat of the ingredients and pan, I use an induction stove). After some rest I put the dish (still warm) into a container.
rack of lamb on vegetables
Tomorrow husband is going to use the microwave for reheating. I showed him the instant couscous. It is quite easy to prepare, but I guess he will have some bread with the lamb.

Keine Kommentare: